Be a Volunteer
TACA is extremely grateful for the hundreds of volunteers that lend their time and energy to our efforts. Event volunteers serve on an “event-by-event” basis and can serve in leadership and support roles supporting events including family events, galas, and more. Descriptions of upcoming volunteer opportunities in Southern California are listed below. Any volunteers under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Volunteer at one of our SoCal Events
August 16, 2020
This event provides a rare opportunity for families affected by autism to find joy in rides, food, and fun in a secure-environment.
Los Angeles Ride for Autism
Los Angeles Ride for Autism is a non-profit organization that organizes an annual motorcycle ride to raise funds benefitting TACA and DESI (Designated Exceptional Services for Independence). Volunteers will assist the day of the event in setup/cleanup, registration, and silent auction and raffle.
October 24, 2020
Ante Up for Autism is our annual fundraising Gala. To help make this event a success, we need several volunteers to assist in various roles on the day the gala. Must be 21 years or older if volunteering night of the event.
This is a special time exclusively dedicated to children and their families who are living with autism. Attendees play games, have fun, enjoy treats and meet Santa!
Autism Youth Ambassadors (AYA)
TACA is proud to collaborate with youths in the community wishing to volunteer their time in support of our Mission.
Autism Youth Ambassadors (AYA) work with TACA’s National Office to plan and implement strategies that will educate their peers about the rising incidence of autism and inspire others to join their efforts on behalf of TACA on their respective campuses (elementary, middle school, high school, college, etc.). They also plan community fundraising efforts with the our guidance and volunteer their time at TACA events such as our annual Family Picnic each summer.
View Autism Youth Ambassador presentation here (PDF): Click here to view a PDF of the presentation.
View TACA National Office AYA Open House presentation here (PDF): Click here the view a PDF of the presentation.
Here's a list of participating schools
- Troy High School, Fullerton, California
- Alhambra High School, Alhambra, California
- Aliso Niguel High School, Aliso Viejo, California
- Ayala High School, Chino Hills, California
- Bismarck High, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Canyon High School, Anaheim, California
- Chennai International School (International), Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
- Chino Hills High School, Chino Hills, California
- Ciputra Suribaya Secondary School (International), Suribaya, Indonesia
- Diamond Bar High School, Diamond Bar, California
- Esperanza High School, Anaheim, California
- Foothill High School, Santa Ana, California
- I.P.H. Suribaya Secondary School (International), Suribaya, Indonesia
- Los Alamitos High School, Los Alamitos, California
- Madurai Secondary School (International), Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
- Mater Dei High School, Santa Ana, California
- Mounds View High School, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Newport Harbor High School, Newport, California
- Northwood High School, Irvine, California
- Rowland High School, Rowland Heights, California
- San Clemente High School, San Clemente, California
- Sunny Hills High School, Fullerton, California
- Trabuco Hills High School, Mission Viejo, California
- University High, Irvine, California
- Valencia High School, Placentia, California
- Walnut High School, Walnut, California
- Wuhu First High (International), Wuhu, China