On the front lines: calls that make us at TACA smile
June 13, 2012
A little ditty by Lisa Ackerman
Another parent called to let us know her son with autism won't need an aide next year. He has graduated his class & is completing grade level work! After four years of early intervention and a myriad of biomedical treatments unique to the child's needs her son will be flying solo next year. And this decision is not due to budget cuts!
At TACA each day we are on the front lines serving families living with autism. These are the calls that make us SMILE! Autism IS treatable!
Let TACA help you. Please see these resources for getting connected and supported on your journey:
1) Find a TACA Chapters http://tacanow.org/local-chapters/ . If there isn’t one by you – check out TACA live chat for support. http://tacanow.org/about-taca/real-help-now-live-chat/ and TACA Parent mentors http://tacanow.org/about-taca/parent-mentor-program/
2) TACA Family Scholarships http://tacanow.org/about-taca/family-scholarship-program/
3) Who pays for what http://tacanow.org/family-resources/who-pays-for-what-a-guide/
4) Biomedical links
a. Biomedical on a budget http://tacanow.org/family-resources/biomedical-treatment-on-a-budget/
b. What is Biomedical treatment for autism http://tacanowblog.com/2011/10/13/biomedical-treatments-and-autism/
5) TACA Autism Journey Blueprints http://tacanow.org/family-resources/autism-journey-blueprints-guide/
6) Staying in the game http://tacanowblog.com/2011/11/03/staying-in-the-game/