Education and Skill Development
Many children with autism need additional educational and therapeutic supports to maximize their progress on skill development. To effectively advocate for your child, parents need to educate themselves on a variety of topics. This section contains articles that address education and skill development: therapeutic interventions, school law and procedures, and other ways to support your child.
School and IEPs
- NEW! New School Year Checklist
- NEW! Special Education: IEP Tips
- The Fundamentals of Special Education: What Parents Need to Know
- NEW! Smart IEP Goals
- NEW! Independent Assessments
- NEW! Inclusion
- NEW! IEP Transition Planning
- NEW! Special Education Conflict Resolution: Mediation And Due Process
- NEW! Homeschooling Your Child with Autism
Managing and Minimizing Behaviors
Other Ways We Can Help
TACA provides education, support and hope to the autism community.