Children diagnosed with autism may need varying methods to learn, that differ from the standard tools used with their neurotypical peers, so parents will need to learn the options and laws to secure what’s best for their child. The investment in time and effort we make today can pay off tremendously in the future.
- Educational-Behavioral Therapies
- Complementary Therapies
- Speech Issues in Autism
- What Are Social Skills?
- Presentation: Social Skills
- Socialization & Games Kids Play
- Socialization & School Integration Ideas
- A – Z: Autism Journey Blueprints
- Inclusion: A Journey So Far & Lessons Learned
- Presentation: Inclusion for Students with Autism
- Oral Motor Ideas
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Tomatis Listening Therapy (FAQ) & One Parent’s Experience (Case Study)
Your Child's Rights: IEP & the Law
- The Fundamentals of Special Education: What Parents Need to Know
- NEW! IEP – Special Education: Tips & Links
- NEW! Smart IEP Goals
- NEW! Special Education Conflict Resolution: Mediation And Due Process
- NEW! Inclusion
- Getting Ready for Advocacy
- The Back-to-School Assignment for Parents of Special Needs Kids
- Shh… The Secret to Successful IEP Meetings: Part 1 – How to prepare
- Shh… The Secret to Successful IEP Meetings: Part 2 – At The Meeting
Managing & Minimizing Behaviors
- Behaviors – Help! My Kid’s Behavior is Out of Control!
- Tantrums & Outbursts: Parent Strategies To Eliminating Outbursts
- Helping Nonverbal Kids to Communicate
- One-size does not fit all: Let’s talk about parent training
- Dealing with Aggression in ASD
- Anxiety in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Talk About the Holidays
Don't Know Where to Start?
Try our Autism Journey Blueprints!
These were created as a quick introduction reference guide for families on the autism journey.
Other Ways We Can Help
TACA provides education, support and hope to the autism community.